Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Traditions

One reason I love Christmas is because of all the fun traditions that we do. I can't remember all the toys I received as a child, but I remember the traditions. We have started some new traditions of our own and carried some on from our childhood.





My Mom would dip chocolates every Christmas Season, and they were the best. I can't remember when I started (maybe 5 or 6 years ago) but this is one tradition that I have continued and is now expected.
I am not sure why Jade didn't sit on Santa's lap, but she sure enjoyed her homemade sucker.
Lilli asked Santa for some gum and little reindeer. Lilli favorite thing in the world is gum, and I am not sure what little reindeer she is talking about.
Yes this is my preteen and she is way to big to sit on Santa's lap. What else would a preteen be asking for? Ipod and her own email address.
Gavin reminds me of his Dad in so many ways, and one of those ways is his love for music. He is also asking for an Ipod.


Granny Goose's Christmas Party is another great tradition.
The kids love their bag of goodies that she gives them every year.

Last year was the first Christmas derby and it was a hit so they did it again.
My hot husband and beautiful sister-in-law.
Our Ward family has a great tradition that the kids love, a hayride. It seems to fall on the coldest night in December every year, but the kids don't care.
We sing lots of songs and take fruit baskets to some of the people in our ward.
After we deliver all our fruit baskets we head back to a roaring bonfire, doughnuts, and hot chocolate.
Yes we are missing Gavin, he had basketball practice.

5 comments:

Katie said...

It looks like you guys have been busy with holiday cheer!! And you are right....those chocolates are expected by all!

Cassie Ercanbrack said...

Can't wait to get there! And Kinley is really growing up, when did that happen? Also, great picture of Matt and Bonnie!

Mangelson's said...

The hayride was fun. We had a good time also. You might have to do a demonstration in Relief Society sometime on how to make chocolates. They look so yummy.

Unknown said...

yummy...I can't taste your mint chocolates as you talk about them. I miss those things. Looks like you have had a lot of holiday cheer!

Nikki Broadhead said...

Hey! The chocolate looks so good! Today I made chocolate fudge and peanut Brittle all day! It looks like you guys had so much fun at Grandma Gooses party! I am so sad that I missed the ward Hayride :( I love the hayride.... Well it looks like you guys had fun! I cant wait to go on the snowmobiles!