Tuesday, April 8, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things

It is hard to believe that we have been in our house for a whole year(April 18th was the official move in day). It has been a great year and we have already made tons of great memories in our new house. I wanted to post a few of my favorite features in our house. These are items that I would never want to go without now that I have had them.
1st is the spice racks that are built in the hood over the stove. The spices are so easy to find and very convenient.
2nd is the stowaway trays that I put in all of my bathrooms. I think that these are genius! I always hated winding up the cords to my curling irons, straightener, and hair dryer, and then putting them away. Truth is I usually did not put them away and then Matt would also hate them. With the stowaway trays you have an outlet inside your cupboard where you can plug in whatever you need and then you can stow you irons, ect... in the space around your sink. Another awesome feature is that the trays can withstand heat up to 400 degrees. After you are done with your hair you put your iron away and close the front of the cupboard (seen in picture below) and no more mess. I really really love these.


3rd is the appliance garage. I always hated the toaster sitting out on my kitchen counter but my kids would use it everyday and it would not get but away. So we keep our toaster, can opener, popcorn maker, and the magic bullet in the appliance garage and close the doors when we are done.
4th is the flour and sugar draws. I am sure that most of you have already seen these, but they do come in real handy when baking in the kitchen.
I have one more item that is more about hearing then seeing. You can get toilet lids that have a slow close so your kids can't slam them down. I did not realize how much I liked these until we went to stay with Katie and Ryan and the kids would slam the toilet lid. I am happy to say that Katie now has slow closing lids.
It was alot of hard work building our house but I am very proud of how it turned out and really love it, now if we could only have a yard.

6 comments:

Shortcake and Company said...

Wow...I can't believe it's been a year already!! You for sure have one of the nicest houses I've seen. I love these little inventive ideas. When do you start your yard?

Tracee Breeze said...

Did you say that your store-aways can stand up to 400 degrees of heat? Because even tho that IS an awesome feature, I would be turning around everytime I left the stinkin house to make sure I didn't leave the curling iron on under the sink! Nice place! Now when is the yard coming??????

Jaime said...

Amen to getting your yard done. I hope this is the year for us, the kids really need it.
All of your little contraptions in your house are awesome, I especially love the sugar and flour drawers. I have actually never seen them before.

Katie said...

Let me tell you....you guys will be the first family members to use our brand new toilets!!!! I never noticed it was such an issue until kids came to stay! We are excited to see you guys.

Rachelle Carling said...

Candi... what a brainiac! I am totally impressed by how cool all of them are. I can remember New York right before your home was done. You're a genius... I don't think I could be my own contractor for my home. I love it! It seriously is so beautiful. Love the post and ideas

Sami Carter said...

Isn't it fun to accessorise your house! I love the idea of the curling irons and hairdryer under the sink. I saw that at the parade of homes. Fun!!!