Sunday, October 19, 2008

National School Lunch Week

Last week at school it was national school lunch week, so Lilli and I headed to school to go eat lunch with Jade and Gavin. On our lunch calendar at home it said we would be having corn dogs, but it was tacos instead.

Lilli thought it was so cool to eat school lunch with Jade and can hardly wait to be in elementary school. Jade eats at 11:30 and Gavin doesn't eat till 12:00. When I sat down with Jade all of her friends were so excited to sit by Jade and her Mom. I was very impressed with all the different healthy choices the kids have; apples, carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, and corn. Of course they also get the huge doughnut for dessert.
It was a little different story when Gavin came into lunch. It was Gavin and myself eating together, Jade and Lilli had headed outside to play. I asked him if he wanted to go eat with his friends but he thought it was OK to eat with Mom. I know the day is fast approaching that I am not longer cool in my kids eyes.

4 comments:

Shortcake and Company said...

I loved when my Mom came to lunch with me when I was little too. I'm glad this tradition is still going strong.

Nikki Broadhead said...

That looks like fun! I used to take my mom to school with me too! It was fun!

Stacy Stoddard said...

If they are not embarrassed now with you eatting lunch with them hopefully that never changes.

I was never embarrassed of my mom, she even took some classes from our high school teachers while we were in school and she became the coolest mom around. So hopefully your kids will always think you are the coolest and choose to bring their friends around instead of run off some place else all the time.

Katie said...

Good old school lunch... it brings back the memories!!