Sunday, September 14, 2008

My Little Helpers


On Saturdays, Matt, McKinley, and Gavin have been selling fruit at the farmers markets, so the girls and I have been doing odds and ends at home. This last Saturday I had a box of tomatoes that were ripe and ready to can, and four little hands that wanted to help. I have to admit that I am hesitant when the girls want to help out in the kitchen, because it usually ends up being more work on my part, and fighting on theirs. I decided to put the aprons on and give it a try, and much to my surprise they did a awesome job. They really helped me get through that box of tomatoes in half the time. Thanks girls for all your help.

9 comments:

Matt McMullin said...

They didn't learn that from me. Well maybe the fighting stuff. You teach them so well.

--Matt

Shortcake and Company said...

That is a big project. I swear tomatoes are the messiest. I'm glad you had some extra helping hands.

Nikki Broadhead said...

That looks like a lot of fun...sorry I missed out!

Jaime said...

Your girls are so beautiful. I'm glad they were helpful. That gives me hope!

Sami Carter said...

It's nice to have little helpers. Hopefully they will always stay that way! Your daughters are so cute!

Unknown said...

What good little girls they are. I could use some helping hands at my house if you want to send them my way for awhile? Do they change diapers?

Erica said...

Cute! I love their tiny aprons!!

Celeste said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hesitatets to let kids help in the kitchen, and for the same reasons. I have some material cut out for an apron for my girls. I better get it sewn, huh.

Katie said...

The real question is...did you use a stinkin' steam canner method??