We are back from our awesome trip to London and Paris. We had such a great time and made some unforgettable memories. I took over 700 pictures so it was hard to choose which ones to share. We saw and did so many cool things, and here are a few.
We started Paris with a Segway tour. By day three in Paris I was wishing that we still had the segways.
We did go to the top of the Eiffel Tower. To avoid the long elevator line we decided to take over 700 stairs to the second level where you can catch an elevator to the top. The view was well worth the climb.
In the middle of our week my feet were excited for a road trip. We rented a couple of cars and headed to Normandy Beaches and Mont St Michel (pictured above). It was 4 hours one way and gas was 6 euros (9 US dollars) a gallon, but I really enjoyed seeing the countryside.
This is the street that our apartment was on in Paris. I loved the cobblestone streets. We were the end apartment which really help reduce the noise of the city, although I probably could of slept through anything as tired as I was each night.
Yes it is true, we went to Disneyland in Paris. It was are last day and we were ready for something different than a castle or museum, so we hop on the RER train and it drop us off right at the entrance.
This is for any of you who like Harry Potter, and yes Matt IS wearing a purse.
I was shocked when we went to the catacombs to find that the bones were not encased in anything. There were 6 million bodies placed underground in the catacombs. As you leave they actually check you bags to make sure you hadn't taken any bones, I did all I could to not even touch them.
I am so grateful for the chance that I had to see another part of this great world we live in. I am also grateful for the efforts that so many made to take care of my kids while we were gone, THANK YOU!
8 comments:
looks like so much fun.
Wow! I'm so jealous- I went there when I was in college and am dying to go back!
Ahhh the memories!!! For the record I have not found any baguettes in St. George! Thanks for a great trip.
I'm glad you guys had so much fun. It sounds and looks like you'll have these memories forever. Oh, and thanks for the yumm-o chocolate. We're in chocolate heaven!!
looks like you had a great trip. sure wish we were there :( maybe next time...if there is a next time. i'd sure like to see all the pictures.
I bet that was fun. I'm glad you had the chance to go. You should have called me, we could have helped out with your kids (I'm sure you had plenty of help) maybe next time.
Wow! It looks like you had a faboulous trip! Yea for you guys! How fun. You should do a slide of your pictures. You go to slide.com and upload them then there is a code that you can post.
I still cant believe no one stuffed the suitcase with some french linens or a small chandelier!!!!!! I know, I know the dollar.... it might have gone futher at a flea market????
JK... love ya!!! glad you had fun.
Post a Comment